I blogged this yesterday at Occupy Madison, however what we achieved in 3.5 weeks (and years of preparation) bears repeating.
It’s been a loopy 3.5 weeks and simply unbelievable how many individuals have stepped ahead and helped this mission in soooooo some ways!!! Someway, we’re doing the unimaginable!
OCCUPY MADISON POST
Because of everybody who has volunteered or provided donations in the course of the previous month! And thanks for being affected person whereas we get issues organized.
We’ve a lot of thrilling information!!!
WHAT WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN 3.5 WEEKS
On September 30th we discovered from our realtor Clint Otto (eXp Realty) that our provide to buy Wiggies Bar at 1901 Aberg Avenue was accepted. Up to now 3.5 weeks we now have:
- Raised over $50,000 (over 450 donors)
- Over 50 individuals have indicated they need to volunteer
- Over 60 individuals have volunteered to assist with donations of products (Because of Chris Odt for organizing!)
- Acquired Short-term Zoning (by June 1) approval by the Metropolis Council
- Constructed a tiny home and had Hearth Division, Constructing Inspection and Zoning examine it. Ordered provides for four extra homes (will probably be right here on Thursday)
- Have a decision going by the county board for a $200,000 grant
- Labored with Bachman Building and their subs (Hill Electrical, Perzborn Plumbing and Harker Heating and Cooling), the architect Ed Kuharski and surveyer (Isthmus Surveying) to have the ability to begin building the week of November ninth.
- Labored with One Neighborhood Financial institution and the appraiser (Masters-Corridor) to get a financial institution mortgage to shut between November sixth and the 10th
- Are getting into right into a lease with Widespread Wealth Growth ($1/mo!!! Thanks!!!) for house to construct the tinier homes
- Had 12 individuals undergo orientation (restricted to six per week) for the tiny homes and have added 6 individuals as members who qualify to use for a tiny home.
It appears nothing wanting a miracle that everybody has come collectively to make this mission occur and we couldn’t be extra grateful for this neighborhood cooperation and help!
The subsequent steps for the mission are:
- Get the leased store arrange and prepared for volunteers (Volunteers begin Monday Nov. 2nd – look ahead to an electronic mail Friday or Saturday)
- Closing on the property (November 6 – 10), prep the constructing for building
- Building begins by Wednesday, November 10th
- Construct the fence (Weekend of November 14th and 15th)
- Construct a communications/admin group
- Continued fundraising
- Go Fund Me
- On-line retailer arrange
- On-line public sale arrange
- Gross sales of things from Wiggies Bar
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO GET INVOLVED?
If you’re acquired an electronic mail that signifies that we now have you on our radar display and we’re grateful on your endurance with us! For those who didn’t obtain an electronic mail however need to volunteer, electronic mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Help (Fundraising, Admin, Communications, Donation Coordination)
We’ve heaps of people that have volunteered to do administrative issues, which we want! I will probably be contacting them this week to arrange administrative help so that you all will probably be getting extra common updates.
Constructing the Homes
- Our objective is to have the individuals who will probably be residing within the homes assist construct the homes. So they are going to be signing up first.
- Our second shift of individuals to enroll is for individuals who may need to be a shift supervisor or individuals with particular building abilities. (This week)
- After which we’ll begin getting everybody else (Mid-week subsequent week)
Donations of Gadgets
Proper now we now have no house for donations, nevertheless, we’ll by subsequent week. Please proceed to be affected person whereas we work issues out!
Thanks on your continued curiosity on this thrilling mission and on your continued endurance. We’re excited that with so many volunteers and supporters we could possibly full this mission by the top of the yr. We will probably be in contact shortly! Within the meantime, when you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Occupy Household!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
2. PayPal – no delay, however charges.
3. Ship a test – 304 N third St, Madison, WI 53703
Electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you have an interest in doing.
Urge your County Board Supervisor to vote for Res 232
This will probably be $200,000 for Occupy Madison for renovations. We hope this will probably be on the county board by November fifth! County Board Supervisors will be emailed at County_Board_Recipients@countyofdane.com. It’s useful to incorporate your tackle so the supervisors know in case you are their constituent (they pay extra consideration individuals they signify!)
Know somebody who would profit from a tiny house?
That is cooperative neighborhood residing and never for everybody. We’ve about 17 individuals who have signed up to this point, however there are nonetheless slots open. That is the method. And if persons are they need to electronic mail us at email@example.com and we’ll signal them up for an orientation!